[G4] Broadband Speed Liar's Poker

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sun Dec 14 09:15:10 PST 2003

On Saturday, December 13, 2003, at 05:18  PM, sr ferenczy wrote:

> no time for television here. i have now had DSL from verizon,
> roadrunner (cable) from time warner, and cable from comcast. each
> service was comprable (all 1.5 Mbps or 2 Mbps) and had no problems
> with any. verizon just won on the sub-$30 price.

I'm not trying to fight with you it' just my nature.
Just cause they quote  a speed.....

> perhaps the fact that there is no large companies on my node (CO)
> helps, its all residential, recently upgraded at that, so bandwidth is
> plentiful back at the central office.

Definitely. My DSL was capped. $100 per month to remove cap.

> heck, i even ran system 7.1 on all of them-everything goes through my
> router, so it didnt matter what operating system verizon, et al,
> "liked" or "didnt like"

hen I had DSL you had to run their litttle "Macpoet" software because
OS9 was not ppoe.
  This software was a Kludge and they admitted it. Other than a browser
it was not inclined to let the mac use the net in the smoothly
integrated way we do now.
Peace and double peace and fgood will if I can find any.