Download interruption

Dale Hoffman dhoff at margnat.com
Wed Dec 17 18:12:13 PST 2003

After I upgraded the computer I use for email and web surfing to OSX,
I am having trouble downloading large files without getting
disconnected. I've checked with our ISP and they say there should be
no reason for it. I've tried different times of day and switched from
Netscape 7.1 to IE 5.x. The last file I tried to download was not all
that large - 13MB - I've downloaded 80 MB files overnight prior to
this upgrade. One clue - if I wait in front of the monitor during the
download, I eventually will get an Internet Connect reminder that I
am still connected to the internet and asking me if I want to remain
connected. I thought this only appeared during inactivity.
I finally got my file via ftp. The unsuccessful attempts were http.

DaleH