Toast 6 and VCDs

Carol java_j at macosx.com
Sun Dec 21 10:13:15 PST 2003

Hi folks,

Does anyone have experience with Toast 6 and VCDs?  I have Toast 5.  It
will make VCDs, but you cannot make your own menus.  Toast 6 claims it
can make some sort of menus for VCDs.   I am interested in making VCDs
from more than one Quicktime file.  Under Toast 5, the separate
Quicktime movies showed up as tracks on the VCD.  I could skip to a
given track, but there was no way to name the tracks and jump to them by
name.  Has this changed in Toast 6?

I have a new G4 with superdrive.  The reason I am considering VCDs
instead of DVDs, it that the blanks are cheaper and some of my movies
are sourced from ten-year-old VHS tapes at SLP.  In other words, the
quality is not good to start with.
--
Carol -