Memory Utilization

R. Sigismonti n3rs at comcast.net
Tue Dec 23 11:08:33 PST 2003

I have a Mac G4/933, OS 10.2.8 with 1.25GB of resident memory and a 120
GB HD.  I am using a utility to see how much memory is being used by
the system.  At no time does the use of resident memory exceed 260 MB!
I do see rather heavy usage of virtual memory when I have multiple
applications open.  At times, my system slows to a snails pace.  I am
assuming something is wrong with a setting somewhere, but do not know
how to shut VM off, nor do I see anything that resembles a memory
manager.  Can one of you Unix experts help me on this one?

Sig