Hard Drive Failure

russells at strodtbeck.org russells at strodtbeck.org
Tue Dec 23 20:14:37 PST 2003

Looking for so help.. I have a G4/400/OS10.2.8/704 mb Ram. Last night I put it to sleep and was not connected to the internet. All was working fine. When I woke it up this AM the OS was down to a crawl and locked up. I restarted with the rest button and after a long time it was up but still so slow. I ran disk First Aide and it did some repairs but did not impove. The HD is Western Digital 120 GB with 3 partitions. And one of them did not remount. I ran Norton System Works with no help and the more I worked with it the less I could get any of the Partitions to mount. I had a second  HD 40 GB  with OS 10.2.8 on it, but had to reinstall OS 10.2.8 and is working fine. At one point I was able to view  2 of the partitions form the 40 GB drive, but after reinstalling the OS they are all unmounted. The 120 GB is only about 3 months old. I understand the OS X does house cleaning during the night  when in the sleep mode..it appears it   got carried away... Any help, suggestions would!
 be greatly appreciated.. Also any suggestions for software to repair the Drive.

C. Russell