[G4] sorry for imposing but I have a serious B&W G3 problem I need help with...

Chris Loehr clscott at interkan.net
Fri Dec 26 10:50:27 PST 2003

just a thought, don't know if it will help, but wasn't their a firmware
patch for the B&W?

Chris

I've just upgraded my system software from 9.0 to 9.2.1 and now serious
problems are occurring.

1. Photoshop 5.0 gets as far as loading the ICC Engine and then it quits.
There are no warnings or any on screen explanations it just disappears.

I have tried:

Reloading Photoshop.

Reloading system 9.0 and upgrading all over again.

A clean install (I think four times now).

None of this solves the problem.

2. Netscape 4.6 only loads so far and then quits - the warning box says it
has quit due to a type 3 error.

Interestingly when I am not hooked up to the internet it loads fine and I
proceed to my book marks easily. But it won't work when I hook up to the
'net and then start Netscape.

I haven't a clue where to start.

3. There may be additional software problems I have not yet become aware of.

The Mac I have is:

B&W G3
Virtual Memory 129MB
300MHz
Machine ID 406

No external devices are active when these problems occur.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Photoshop is one of the
three main applications I use for the work I do. So it is very important
to solve this problem.

Sincerely,

Frank