[G4] What online venders do you trust?

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 26 17:59:00 PST 2003

At 9:54 AM -0700 12/21/03, G M wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm looking to by an ibook G4.  Are there any recommended venders? Any
>to avoid? Macmall and Maczone will install 512 mb ram for a $40 fee
>(after removing the 128 mb ram that comes with the ibook).  Any reason
>to fear the compatibility of the ram?

Gregg,

I bought both my iBook and G4 from MacWarehouse (they've just been
bought by CDG, though) and for 10 years have been very satisfied. I
think their prices are not quite as low as some but customer service
is excellent. They will help you with anything you have bought and
don't have a strict policy about with what - they just try and help
with anything.

I've wondered about the RAM thing myself. Apple always says any
other RAM but theirs is not covered under warranty, and if I have
a problem suggest I take out all my third party RAM. Well, that
would be all the RAM in the machine. Not likely!

But maybe it would be safer to go with Apple RAM, if you can
afford it?

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X.2/Classic) | Graphite iBook 333mHz (OS 9.0.2)
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com