[G4] Pioneer DVD and Movies

Crazy Miz B of the Crazed Cowboys paula at crazedcowboys.com
Sun Dec 28 19:04:43 PST 2003

On Sunday, December 28, 2003, at 08:33  PM, rich northouse wrote:

>> OK, I'll give you that. My basis was, that we don't know he's not
>> going to sell them. Not anything against Rich, but you can't be too
>> careful can you? That's why it's not an appropriate topic for a
>> mailing list. If it involves a possibility of illegal activity in any
>> way, it shouldn't be discussed here

I'm new so perhaps shouldn't comment...but hey! The worst that can
happen is I get bumped, right? ;  )

The man lost a valuable collection. It wouldn't have happened if he'd
made the back-ups he was entitled to make.

There is no "should" or "shouldn't" concerning legality...Yes---we CAN
be too careful. This is a case of overblown concern for legality, and
if the list-parent (I don't know who it is---it could be the person who
felt discussing this was reprehensible...) has an issue with this being
discussed then I guess that is that. If the list- parent doesn't have
an issue--------then what's the problem?

I hope the poor guy takes up his beloved hobby, makes copies, saves
them elsewhere, and he gets his hobby back.

Whoooie! Not an appropriate comment for a mailing list?

It's part and parcel of the whole internet world right now. It's under
discussion EVERYwhere.

Well, I guess I've made my beliefs pretty clear! Don't know why I felt
so compelled to write.

Rich---I hope you DO pick back up on your hobby that makes you
happy...and by all means make a backup copy so yet another "small
death" doesn't befall you...

Good luck!

Paula Bright
http://crazedcowboys.com  <---We sell our original CDs. Online. Some
people are going to copy them for friends or for KaZaa or Limewire.
<shrug> That's life in this day and age. Far more people pay for their
CDs, or pay for the download of a song. We just don't sweat it, and try
to keep up with the ever-changing landscape of life on the web...Itunes
proved that people are willing to pay.