[G4] What online venders do you trust? - RAM

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun Dec 28 21:53:05 PST 2003

On 12/28/03, Tracker at aol.com wrote:

> You are forgetting one basic precept of waranties that can apply
>regardless of the product manufacturer:
>
> If you install it yourself, the waranty is voided!
>
> Unless the company specifically advises that users "can or may install
>after-purchase parts and not void the waranty", any part installed by the
>buyer can immediately void the waranty in many states.
>
> Your state may or may not have established purchaser protection laws that
>would over-ride the waranty statements. You will have to investigate your
>rights under the laws applicable in your home area to be sure.

Since Apple considers RAM to be a customer installable part-check any of
its machine's user manual-your response serves no useful purpose and
doesn't help the requestor. My choice of vendors is Chip Merchant
<http://www.thechipmerchant.com/>, but they're based here in San Diego, so
getting to them isn't any chore for me. However, I've never heard of any
problems with their online service or returns under their warranty.