[G4] iDVD 1.0??

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun Dec 28 22:04:57 PST 2003

On 12/28/03, "zhmmy harper" <zhmmy at hotmail.com> wrote:

> My problem is that I cannot find iDVD 1.0 so I can use it with OS 9.2.1.
> Apple's weird logic is to make the iDVD 1.0.1 Upgrade available without
> providing iDVD 1.0--huh?  I own the flawed OS 10.1 and cannot find iDVD 1.0
> on it, not even on the OS 9.2.1 CD that was included.
>
> BTW, the Apple "settlement" that is supposed to appease all of us who had
> future upgrades of all our beautiful programs guillotined offers us the
> following:  a max of $129 refund when you send them the X you bought OR a
> $25 coupon that you can use at the Apple store.
>
> Would it be feasible to set up another branch of the Apple tree that would
> continue development of programs that would work with OS 9.xx??
>
> Anyway, anyone know where I can find iDVD 1.0?

<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60788>, iDVD 1.0 FAQ has
all of your answers. This one is most apropos: "iDVD 1.0 software comes
installed in all Power Mac G4 and iMac (flat panel) computers that have a
DVD-R/CD-RW drive."

If you have one of those machines, you have the software. If you don't,
you'll have to buy it from Apple (call the store at: 1-800-MY-APPLE and
they'll track it down for you).