[G4] Noise issue

Cameron Kaiser spectre at stockholm.ptloma.edu
Fri Feb 7 07:59:32 PST 2003

> Apple says the newer models are quieter, but there's nothing wrong in
> comparing one against the other, especially if the older model can be
> had for really good price. The differences aren't that vast.

As an owner of a dual 1.25GHz "old" MDD, it's really no noisier than my
7300 was.

The only part that was particularly loud was when the fan would suddenly
rev up in OS 9 (this never happened in OS X). The 4.4.8f2 firmware patch
took care of that, and I don't think the new ones boot into OS 9 anymore
anyway :-)

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser at stockholm.ptloma.edu