[G4] PMU switch.

Dale Hoffman dhoff at margnat.com
Fri Feb 7 17:44:06 PST 2003

>Could someone who know what the PNU switch really does inform me
>about the reason why it is there and what properties and functions
>it performs?
>
>Paul

Paul,
Some time ago I noticed that the CDROM and ZIP drives on my G4/450
were not mounting media. I checked System Profiler and discovered
that the ATA "0" bus was absent which explained why the devices
attached to it were not operating. A call to AppleCare (800-275-2273)
resulted in my resetting the PMU switch which restored the bus.
That's my narrow - but practical - contribution to the understanding
of the PMU switch not mentioned in the Knowledgebase Document 95037
referred to by Ramsey
(http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=95037).

DaleH