Sawtooth Jaguar OS9 Snafu

Jim Soriano jsoriano at sumbeach.com
Tue Feb 11 10:06:43 PST 2003

I bought a new (fast) hard disk for my wife's Sawtooth, installed OS
10.2.1, upgraded to 10.2.3 and everything runs fine.  Now I realize I
forgot to install OS 9 on it.  So, I boot off of the 9.2.1 CD and
install it onto the same new disk.  Something got snafued, as OS 9
installed on a directory called .Trashes and I can't run it from there
or anyplace else.  And, I can't delete the .Trashes directory because I
can't figure out the password for root.  HELP!

Regards,

Jim