[G4] Request for help RE: OS 9.1, TCP/IP & SBC Yahoo

J J jj4 at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 13 14:22:05 PST 2003

I cannot help you with your pref but to suggest a
router may make a difference. I use Sympatico DSL
and their "connect" program is OK but has many
little annoying problems. I got a router and have
never needed to use the little connect program
since-the router takes care of it.

Routers are very easy to configuer. Since it was
my first router I got a Mac supported (Assante).
It was a wee bit more but my set-up manual was
written for a Mac (and PC). If I needed another
D-Link is good but no Mac specific instructions.

Check out this website to find out more about most
ISPs. It also contains alot of info and I would
not purchase BroadBand before looking at what
others have said about the company.
http://www.dslreports.com

Hope this helps.

jj