[G4] CLASSIC WON'T START

Jim Blokland jim at blokland.com
Fri Feb 14 09:42:53 PST 2003

On Friday, February 14, 2003, at 11:53  AM, Wilkin, Wayne (Mass) wrote:

> After you upgraded to 10.2.4 did you do an fsck and repair privs?
>
>> Just re-installed 9.2.2 clean, and even though the Classic preference
>> pane says there is a valid system there, Classic won't start.  It just
>> flips for a second as if it's going to go, then -- nothing.  No error
>> message, just doesn't work.  Tried all the possibilities in the
>> 'Advanced' pane too.  No luck.
>>
>> Running 10.2.4 on a Dual 500.
>>
>> Any suggestions/similar experiences?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Yes, I did repair privileges, but not an fsck.  And I forgot to
mention, this problem hasn't just been exclusive to 10.2.4 -- seems to
have been like this since about 10.1.5.  And I've tried the boot into
OS 9 (which works fine) and then switch startup disks back to OSX, but
that made no difference.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Hope I can resolve this.
--
JIM BLOKLAND
jim at blokland.com
http://www.blokland.com