[G4] Password/Keychain problems in Mail?

Renita Williams rmmwms at att.net.
Sun Feb 16 05:38:16 PST 2003

Kathy and Paul,

I was having the same annoying problem until last week.  I too was
collecting mail every minute from several accounts.  I was turning on
mail in the morning before I went to work, and retuning to find mail
asking for my password.

Anyway, I solved the problem by going into Keychain Access and looking
at the access control for each of my mail accounts.  I made sure that
the box for "Ask for keychain passowrd" box was unchecked.  I also made
sure my keychain was unlocked.

Since I did this, I have not had the problem with mail.  Key Chain
Access is in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.

Hope this helps,

Renita
1G G4 Dual Processor
10.2.4