[G4] New G4s

Cameron Kaiser spectre at stockholm.ptloma.edu
Tue Feb 18 07:27:45 PST 2003

> I have recieved my new 1 GHZ G4 and man I find it alot
> louder then my dual 800 Quicksilver.  Have a got a
> lemon? Has anyone else bought this little beast?

I'm not sure what generation MDD you have, but mine periodically played
wind tunnel until I installed a firmware update. This was only in OS 9.2.2
-- OS X didn't do this. To me, though, it seems not much louder than my
beloved 7300 (HD r.i.p.). Mine is a first-generation model.

> Also, out of interest- I went to a store to see these
> new computers before I bought one and it seemed pretty
> quiet. Now in my small quiet office I sitting here thinking-
> Oh man!  Do not get me wrong-  It is not airplane loud
> but noticable.

Well, in the Apple Store I bought mine in, there was so much chatter I
couldn't hear the sales droid, let alone the computer fan ;-)

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser at stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Adore, v.: To venerate expectantly. -- Ambrose Bierce ----------------------