USB Hubs - More power

Dale Hoffman dhoff at margnat.com
Tue Feb 18 17:27:12 PST 2003

Has anyone found a USB Hub that will provide enough power to support
all of the devices that an onboard Apple USB port will?

One port must supply the mouse and keyboard, that leaves one for a
Hub, but if you have a device that balks at Hub connection, you have
to disconnect the Hub (and anything connected to it) in order to run
it. I've been using different Belkin Hubs with less than satisfactory
results. The device I am having trouble with is an EyeOne Pro which
is referred to in its spec sheet as a "high power" USB item.

DaleH