[G4] Transferring files

Mel mkrewall at mac.com
Tue Feb 18 18:15:41 PST 2003

Can you hook the G4 up to an Ethernet hub? If so, just mount the iMac's
hard drive on your new G4's desktop by using Connect to Server
(command-K) from the Go menu in Finder. Then just drag-and-drop from
the iMac to the G4. It's not as fast as Firewire target disk mode, but
you don't have to have them within Firewire cable distance either.
If you don't have a hub, connect any ethernet cable between the two
machines, since the G4 will auto-sense the crossover connection, then
use the same procedure.
Mel