[G4] Radeon 8500 Mac version

Ron Michaud rmichau2 at maine.rr.com
Sun Feb 23 14:24:07 PST 2003

> That's interesting.  I installed it on my Mac AGP 450 sawtooth without
> any incident.
> Mary M
>
> Ron Michaud wrote:
>> Just installed a radeon 8500 into my MAC AGP 350 sawtooth machine.  Am using
>> 10.2.4 with 512 ram.  What a nightmare.  Finally was able to get the monitor
>> working after removing all of the ATI extensions in the folder
>> system-library-entension.  Now I am at a loss to understand why this
>> happening and what I can do to get the card operating properly.
>>
>> The monitor is a single Apple 17" that came with the G4.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> TX
>>
>> Ron
>>

>> ----------
>> G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.
>> FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/G4.html>.
>> Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest.
>>
>> XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
>> Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>
>>
>> Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
>> Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>
>>
>> Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras |
>> --Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |
>>
>> MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879!
>> Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>
>>
>> OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s -
>> http://www.osxfaq.com
>>

> ----------
> Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest.

> Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras |
> --Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |

> http://www.osxfaq.com

Nary:

Thank you for the reply.  I believe the problem occurred when I installed
the software that came with the board.  After many attempts I have corrected
most of the problems.  Frankly this was shades of OS 9 with extension
problems.  Safe boot is what ultimately led me to the solution

There is still one component not working and that relates to ATI TV out
kernel extension.  I have no idea where it is or how to find it.  I have
attached a copy of the extension found in the system:library:extension file
relating to ATI.  If you are willing could you compare them and let mo know
if any are missing?

Thank you.

Ron