[G4] Second optical drive in a 533Mhz ?

Tony.Charlton at linpac-automotive.com Tony.Charlton at linpac-automotive.com
Mon Feb 24 08:30:06 PST 2003

Hi Vernon,
That sounds right up my street. Do have any details on how I could do this?

Best Regards,

Tony Charlton

                      Vernon LeMoignan
                      <arrow at oanet.com>          To:       "Power Macintosh G4 List" <G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
                      Sent by: "Power            cc:
                      Macintosh G4 List"         Subject:  Re: [G4] Second optical drive in a 533Mhz ?
                      <G4 at lists.themacint
                      oshguy.com>

                      24/02/2003 15:28
                      Please respond to
                      "Power Macintosh G4
                      List"

I have a second drive in my Digital audio 466 tower. It can be done but
is not for the
faint of heart. It take some case modification. I'm talking tin snips
and duct tape.

The cableing is already there.

On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 06:50 AM,
Tony.Charlton at linpac-automotive.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having a bit of trouble finding out if it is possible to put a
> second
> optical dive into my G4. I have been told it is not possible and that I
> should replace my old cdrw with the new dvd-rw but I would much rather
> have
> the 2 if it can be done.
>
> If anyone has any ideas please let me know
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Tony Charlton

> *************
> The information in this e-mail and any attachments to it are
> confidential.
> The contents may not be copied or used by anyone other than the
> addressee
> and must not be further disclosed without our permission. If you have
> received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender immediately
> and
> delete this e-mail and any attachments to it from your systems.
> Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to
> ensure no
> viruses are present in this e-mail, the company cannot accept
> responsibility
> for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or any
> attachments to it.
> *************
>
> ----------
> digest.

> Cameras |

> $879!

> http://www.osxfaq.com

----------
G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.
FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/G4.html>.
Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest.

XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>

Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras |
--Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |

OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s -
http://www.osxfaq.com