[G4] G4 power up problems

jj4 at sympatico.ca jj4 at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 25 10:43:26 PST 2003

On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 01:23  PM, Power Macintosh G4 List
wrote:

> I hope someone can help me please.
> I have a G4 and the computer will not boot up properly. The screen is
> blank and if left it eventually boots up.

I will hazzard a guess that somehow the start-up control panel (under
apple graphic -control panels/start-up in OS9 - System Prefs/Start-up
in OSX) got changed to a network boot instead in your HD. At least
that's where I would start.  Next I would probably unplug all the
network/usb/firewire stuff (not including keyboard and mouse) and see
if something there is creating the problem. Turn off file sharing and
or program sharing. Check what is in your Start-up Items folder
(unlikely the prob. but cannot hurt).

If you really have no idea after everyone chimes in maybe a reinstall
would be your best option but back up all your data first and make sure
you still have all the program install CDs for all your programs.
Schools sometimes have the program-just not here or anywhere else we
can find-but it works on the machine.

jj