[G4] Second optical drive in a 533Mhz ?

Vernon LeMoignan arrow at oanet.com
Mon Feb 24 20:25:46 PST 2003

Hi Tony,

the Front top and bottom handles have to come off. Then the drive bezel
and the front case plastic.
The drive sled and cdrom are removed.

You will then see that the opening in the front of the case is way too
small for two optical drives. This is
were the tin snips come in ;)

Both the top and bottom lip need to be cut and bent back. If you cut
and bend you may be able to bend everything
in reverse to put it back to original.

The tabs were the drive sled locks into place also need to be removed
or bent down out of the way.

Duct tape your two drives together (really tight). Slide the drives in
and duct tape it to whats left of the
drive sled bracket. You can get more creative and manufacture better
means of securing the drives, but
the tape works well.

hook up the cables(master/slave) and away you go!

I have some pictures of the finished product, let me know if you would
like me to send them to you.

Vern.