[G4] Error of type -127

Brian Conner brianconner at vision-video.com
Wed Feb 26 06:19:59 PST 2003

June, a -127 Error is a Menu Manager Error (Could not find HMenu's parent in
MenuKey.) If this were my system, before I gave up and re-formatted the HDD,
I would run DiskWarrior. Other options are Tech Tool Pro and Norton. The
problem is, without a blessed System folder being recognized on that drive,
you probably won't be able to boot, even to the DiskWarrior CD.

If you have priceless items that you'd rather not lose on that drive, you
might need to get another drive to install an operating system on. Then,
with both drives in the box, start up with the DW CD and see if it can
repair your troubled drive. Maybe with that arrangement, even if DW can't
repair it, you might be able to copy your priceless files to a good drive.

HTH.

Brian Conner