[G4] Voice Over IP

Alan Rowoth alan at mailbox.lpl.org
Wed Feb 26 07:22:53 PST 2003

>>Hi there,
>>
>>I've just been looking at Mac2Phone on the Apple website.
>>(http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/email_chat/mac2phone.html).
>>
>>It looks pretty interesting, I was wondering if anyone on this list
>>has any experience with it? Is it any good? Did it cause you any
>>problems?
>>
>>It just seems a little too good to be true, so I'm a bit suspicious!
>>
>>Any thoughts/comments appreciated.
>>
>>Rob
>
>A little different but also seems sort of too good to be true and I
>am looking for information from someone who has tried it is a phone
>through a cable/DSL modem.  The url is http://www.vonage.com.

I read a great review of Vonage someplace recently, written by
someone who had been pretty disappointed with Mac2Phone, but you can
never be 100% positive that they aren't a shill. It seemed authentic
though... I liked what they had to say about the service, but I don't
think it's for me. I prefer email because I don't have time for "real
time".

Alan

Alan Rowoth  -  alan at mailbox.lpl.org  -   (315) 457-0310 x143