Video card compatibility

Darin Ames darinames at crooner.com
Wed Feb 26 17:16:13 PST 2003

Hello Listers,
I have a Quicksilver dual 1Ghz with two displays attached to the OEM Nvidia
card. I would like to add a third display, the SGI 1600W. This display have
an proprietary connection that either requires the use of the card that came
with it, namely the Formac Proformance III, *OR* use the SGI Multilink
adapter, which acts as a "middle-man" on connection, thus allowing the
display to be hooked up to a normal DVI or VGA.

My first question is are there any users successfully running a Proformance
III in a Quicksilver under 10.2.x? Obviously there are no native drivers for
it, but I'd like to see if is causes any issues.

Second, If I must use a Multilink adapter with a new Video card, I would
likely go with an ATI 7000, as it seems to the the best PCI (my AGP slot is
taken) based video card. Has anyone had any experience running the 7000
under 10.2.x? How about with an nVidia card also present? Again, my system
is a Quicksilver dual 1Ghz.

I really appreciate any info on this.

Darin