[G4] Error of type -127

June Parlett jparlett at gte.net
Wed Feb 26 22:10:47 PST 2003

I do have a 20G drive that I could connect to copy my files to a good
drive.
I am also on file sharing via another computer (this computer a G4
which I can switch to OS 9.2.2 from OX Jaguar in order to get to the
chooser, would that be recommended, since I am now able to start up the
computer with the extensions off?
I tried to switch to the extensions that I made as my CD set, which is
all extensions off and CD able to be usable, but it won't get past that
15% of the progress line, and stops about there.
I can boot, but I cannot boot unless I have the extensions off, which
means that I cannot use my CD Drive. I have a CD burner attached, but
it is not like a CD Reader.
Please guide me further on what you mentioned in your second paragraph,
about with both drives in the box.
My peripheral 20 G drive, does not have a way to hook to a CD does it.
If I have the second driver connected, then will I be able to use my CD
reader to put in DiskWarrior or Norton or Tech Tool Pro? I mentioned
that I cannot get the iMac to start up without the extensions all
turned off. I cannot get it to recognize my Extension that I made
specifically with all extensions, but with the capability of using the
Peripheral drive, I could copy the files, or could I chance it by using
the chooser on the G4 started in OS  9 to copy files?

I can't rebuild the desk top because it won't get past the 15% progress
line at start up where the finder is looking for the extensions. So
that won't work.
June
Interesting when I checked in the trash, this is what I found recovered
from Macintosh: