Compact Flash Card Unreadable on MAC OS X

Chris Johnson ChrisandAmanda at mail.earthlink.net
Thu Feb 27 10:51:37 PST 2003

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a 512 MB compact flash card for my Nikon 950 Digital
camera. I formatted the card in the camera and everything works fine
except when I put it in the USB card reader and go to mount it to my
computer. The computer is G4 powerbook with OS X 10.2.4. It comes up
with error message saying it can't read the card and do I want to
initialize the card. I go into disk utility and says the disk is FAT
16.  So is there a work around. It won't read it in OS 9 either. I
have a Window's machine and works with no problems. I can't believe
it can't work with OS X. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris