[G4] Keyboard cleaning

Dale Hoffman dhoff at margnat.com
Fri Feb 28 11:07:11 PST 2003

>Did anyone reply yet? (Maybe I missed it.) I'd like an answer to
>Diane's question, myself. I've got cookie crumbs and eyelashes
>showing through the clear plastic of my Pro Keyboard.
>
>Thanks,
>Mitch
>
>diane <diane at mathermotorsports.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to get the cover off the Pro Keyboard without making
>>it obvious you've torn it apart?  I can see cat hair under the clear
>  >plastic.

Instead of trying to get the back off of the keyboard, try removing
the keys using a special tool which applies pull to opposite sides of
the key. You can soak the keys and vacuum out all of the crumbs which
the keys themselves trap. I got mine at Jensen Tools.
"Key Cap Puller" item # 46-001  $2.65
http://www.jensentools.com