[G4] Keyboard cleaning

diane diane at mathermotorsports.com
Fri Feb 28 14:59:04 PST 2003

>>Did anyone reply yet? (Maybe I missed it.) I'd like an answer to
>>Diane's question, myself. I've got cookie crumbs and eyelashes
>>showing through the clear plastic of my Pro Keyboard.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Mitch
>>
>>diane <diane at mathermotorsports.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a way to get the cover off the Pro Keyboard without making
>>>it obvious you've torn it apart?  I can see cat hair under the clear
>>  >plastic.
>>>

>Instead of trying to get the back off of the keyboard, try removing
>the keys using a special tool which applies pull to opposite sides
>of the key. You can soak the keys and vacuum out all of the crumbs
>which the keys themselves trap. I got mine at Jensen Tools.
>"Key Cap Puller" item # 46-001  $2.65
>http://www.jensentools.com

They are too far under, in the space above the arrow keys. I pull the
keys off often to get loose stuff out.

And to whoever said "buy a new keyboard", sheesh. Yeah, my time is
worth more than a $30 KB. But not the expensive Apple Pro KB if I'm
on the phone.

Mitch, thanks for getting the topic going again. I didn't have any
replies before.  :)

Diane