Another kind of OSX Mail problem

Chuck Cox chuckcox at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 1 17:32:34 PST 2003

Greetings and Happy New Year to the List members,

I recently purchased a new G4 Titanium laptop. OS X .2.3.  I'm trying to
configure it using the supplied Mail application for e-mail when I'm away
from home.  This will be done using the 56Kmodem, also supplied.  My problem
is that I am unable to send out e-mail.  I can receive e-mail just can't
send.  Configuration is correct and verified by two independent sources.

When attempting to send I will get an error message saying that server won't
accept this e-mail.  A second sentence indicates that this is for SBC
subscribers only.  SBC is my isp.  ???

Should I go over to Entourage??

Thanks in advance,

Chuck