[G4] Another kind of OSX Mail problem

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 2 05:34:03 PST 2003

Are you dialing in directly to your ISP or are you trying to access your
mail from a remote connection? Couldn't tell from your note.

This sounds like a problem that I had once. Same error messages etc. Could
receive mail from Earthlink but not send. I wasn't as savvy then as I am
now.

I learned that it was because I was accessing my Earthlink mail from a
non-Earthlink connection. To correct it, one has to go to the set-up screen
and change the STMP address to correspond the the site you're logged in to.
You still use however your main e-mail address.

HTH,
John