[G4] iDVD-different encoding schemes?

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Thu Jan 2 08:18:41 PST 2003

David Crandon wrote:

>Ok, so this is the only pref I can change that affects the quality of
>the recording? It always has to be MPEG2, but I can change the bit rate
>to two different settings?
>
>David

With iMovie and iDVD2 you render DV from iMovie, and import that into
iDVD. iDVD then renders the mpeg2 for your DVD and also decides the
bitrate based on the amount of footage you have put in.
But there are only two choices. It flips when your footage excedes 60
minutes.
So no, YOU can't change it, but it is a very high quality setting anyway.

With DVDStudio Pro you render the mpeg2 before entering the DVD
producing program and have a sliding scale
in the render panel with which to make your quality v. size decisions.
Jim