[G4] Buying RAM

J J jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 5 09:27:21 PST 2003

Echoing Mark, your computer will go as fast as the
slowest Ram chip up to the 100,s it was built for.
After that I believe it is your bus speed that
defines the max speed and yours is 100.

Definately get rid of any PC100 ram that is not
222 being the cycle count of its operation speeds.
If any ram has a 3 in its cycle speeds it will
slow all ram to that speed. Ask for a guarantee
before you purchase and make sure you can return
it for proper ram if they ship the wrong ones. It
must all be PC 100 - 222 SDRAM for maximum
performance. System Profiler will show all this info.

jj

No. it's not. it can't make use of them. even if
they're all 133's.

mark

On Saturday, Jan 04, 2003, at 08:09AM, diane
<diane at mathermotorsports.com> wrote:

 >Thanks, but that's not even close to the
question I had asked. <G>

 >I was wondering if it was worth spending the
little extra on 133