[G4] Linksys BEFSR41 ver 2 Router

Phil A. Lefebvre p-lefebvre at northwestern.edu
Tue Jan 7 06:54:05 PST 2003

On 01/07/03 at 6:26 AM -0500, Jonny Stankinas wrote:
>Does anyone on the list have any experience with this router?  I
>would like to run two Macs with it.  Any information or direction
>would be appreciated.

I have been told several times not to buy Linksys for Macs. While
their routers tend to work, their company policy is to simply ignore,
if not outright insult Mac users. Linksys is very proud of telling
people they do not and will not support Macs.

There are plenty of excellent routers by pro-Mac companies like
Farallon (now Proxim I think), Asanté (from whom I will buy my
wireless router), Belkin (update firmware to support AppleTalk at
user requests) and others. Better to support companies that support
Macs, to ensure more Mac support in the future.