[G4] Airport setup

Gregory Cortelyou chefgreg at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 22:20:17 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 12:07 AM, Anthony Howells wrote:

> I want to link an iMac to my G4/450/sawtooth. Do I need an airport base
> station, or just a card in each machine? I think I read somewhere that
> the
> G4 can be configured as a base station?
> Thanks
> Anthony.
You can do it, I am doing it right now. Thing is you must be running at
least 10.2 or any of the nines. Not sure how to configure Software Base
Station in 9 but in Jaguar it is simple. I don't think it matters which
machine is the base station, but if you are sharing internet access the
base station would be the one connected to the internet connection, in
my case a cable modem. If you are in 10.2 and want more info let me
know.
Greg