[G4] Should my Dad go to Jaguar?

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 9 16:41:56 PST 2003

At 11:17 PM -0500 1/7/03, J J wrote:
>Nothin like changing the rug instead of just
>pulling it out.

Well, if the rug has a corner that just will not lie
down, heh heh heh.

>Don't push him too hard but if he shall fall make
>the landing soft. As in make sure everything will
>work and scanners make good presents for birthdays
>  or other such...

>Tell me Anne, what problems have you run into with
>Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10 Acrobat 5 and Indesign
>2. Also is there a Stuffit version for OSX. Any
>insight into day to day problems I may encounter
>in these programs would be great.

JJ, I am planning The Big Jump to OSX for my birthday,
having resolved all issues except the zip drive and
the Wacom. What has sucked me in is the Macromedia
Studio MX deal, well, I would have had to upgrade to Flash
sometime anyway. And the Dreamweaver will now be
X compatible.

I will let you know what's up with Pshop 7, the MX Studio
stuff including Freehand. I am still at Illustrator 5 and I
guess will leave it behind (pout). I suppose I could still
use it thru Classic. The Freehand came with the MX
package so it was sort of a no-brainer.

The biggest
>issue I have encountered in OS 9 is service
>providers not having Indesign. I am doubly sure
>this problem will persist. Quark is still lagging
>and I do not want to support them at all.

If I were doing desktop I would get Indesign -
I LOATHE the Quark corporate. (Still using
Quark 3.3 from time to time for personal
projects, although now not having a laser
printer things don't work too well ...)

Anne Keller Smith, Webdesign
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net     http://www.earthpigz.com
Please no attachments! Thanks.