[G4] CD back-up

J J jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 11 08:57:01 PST 2003

"Hi all,I am new to this machine and OSX
jaguar,right now everything is
working and setup up very well,so before I
screw-up.. and I will,, I want
advice how best to copy my hard disk,I have a
combo drive and two blank CD-r
disks,but the jaguar upgrade alone was two CD's so
my question is can I copy
it all as a bootable set If I buy enough disks??
Or am I better of to get a
external hardrive houseing for one of the drives
from my old machine?? I
really dont know what Im doing LOL... but Im doing
it real well so far.
thankyou so far"

Your copied system will not boot. Unless you used
cccloner to make the copy. OSX has many required
files that are invisable and do not copy with the
finder.

I am not sure that Toast will burn a bootable copy
of OSX either.  -Someone chime in on this-

The best solution is probably a new internal HD
(if you have only one now) or a new external FW HD.

jj