[G4] Airport Extreme

Christian Bargmann bargmann at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 11 11:39:37 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 08:38  AM, tony melvin wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I was wondering if I have 2 non-airport extreme
> cards(the normal ones) can I buy an airport extreme
> basestation and  use the old cards?
>
> I am asking because the new basestations are cheaper
> than the older ones.
>
> Thanx
> Tony

Yes.  They will only connect at 11MBPS instead of 54MBPS.  You must
have an AirPort Extreme capable Mac in order to run at 54MBPS (i.e. new
17" or 12" PowerBook introduced at MWSF).  Be sure to check the price
again.  The "less expensive" AirPort Extreme does not include an analog
modem port.  Double check before you buy.  Cheers.