SVHS output on a G4 Titanium

David Gilbert dgilbert at itee.uq.edu.au
Sun Jan 12 17:58:24 PST 2003

I attempted to connect my year-old G4 Titanium Powerbook to a standard PAL
video monitor for the first time yesterday and could not find a resolution
setting in the Monitors Control Panel which would work. I also tried it as
an NTSC monitor as well all to no avail. I have done this on previous Macs
over the years without hitch. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be
causing the problem. It has more than enough VRAM to simulscan in millions
of colours at 1024 x 768 so I presumed it was not a lack of display RAM
causing the problem.

I am on digest mode so a cc to me direct would be appreciated.

Cheers

David

David Gilbert
Associate Lecturer Information Environments & Multimedia Program
The University of Queensland - 11 Salisbury Rd, Ipswich, Qld  4305
Australia
Ph: + 61 7 3381 1152
e:   dgilbert at itee.uq.edu.au
Fx: + 61 7 3381 1121