epson 600

Jim Morris jpmorris at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 13 20:54:21 PST 2003

Over the last week or two several folks have tried to help me get
Jaguar to talk to my old Epson Color Stylus 600. Epson isn't producing
a OS X driver for the 600. Someone suggested Gimp-Print which I
downloaded and "installed?" but, while the 600 now showed up in the
printer list and could be printed to, all it would spew out was page
after page of what looks to me like source code (I'm NOT familiar with
this stuff).

Appears to me that there must be some UNIX way of installing the
software that I don't understand. I have again downloaded Gimp-Print
4.3.5 and ESP Ghostscript 7.05.5. I'm now waiting for someone to walk
me through how to install it so that it works. My wife and her business
partner may end up throwing out 2 printers which have otherwise served
them well. Seems environmentally wrong.

Thanks
Jim