[G4] Buying a G4 Questions

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Mon Jan 13 23:31:44 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/13/03 9:02:41 PM, wappling at tampabay.RR.com writes:

<< Re; my opinion,I would not buy used electronics on E-bay,alot of stuff sold
for parts is recovered from all sorts of disasters,floods lightning etc.I
think its too easy to run into problems  >>

My $.02 worth:

I have over 70 successful eBay transactions as a buyer of Mac parts and
peripherals. I have had only ONE (1) regretful incident and that could have
been avoided if I had read the auction notice more carefully - "I cannot test
this battery because I don't have that model laptop computer. I am selling it
"As Is" usually means "Dead On Arrival"!

Other than that, everything I have bought has worked perfectly. You just have
to know exactly what model or part number you are looking for before bidding.
If you have any concerns, you can always read the feedback file for the
seller to see if he "looks funny" to you.

I calculate that eBay buying has saved me over $1,000 so far.

Good luck whichever way you decide to go.