[G4] OT: Losing my Apple Stock, Sad

diane diane at mathermotorsports.com
Tue Jan 14 19:06:15 PST 2003

>Thanks Diane, Lee and JJ for your advice. I made
>many phone calls today and it seems the $15 fee for
>the certificates is my best bet. Although I will check
>with Apple, maybe I can get around the $15. It may
>depend on the fact that the shares are probably in
>street name, which means my name is not on them.

Please keep us informed of the results (even via private email)

>However, to transfer the shares to Vanguard would
>cost a $50 fee and to sell would be a whopping $65!

Did you try anything like Daytech (sp?)

>Down with Quick & Reilly, I hope they go bankrupt.

Same with Schwab, they've gone from a $25 fee to $45. I have $87 left
in my money market before they wipe that out.

I went to their site awhile back and it sounded like they had
something for the small time investor. But they never returned my
emails. I'll be calling them tomorrow.

You would think people that don't do a lot of trading would actually
be beneficial to them as we don't bug them very much! Low maintenance.

Diane