[G4] OT-NOISE-Buy.com and Amazon

Mark E Hood mehood at mac.com
Thu Jan 16 10:32:20 PST 2003

 From one of their press releases:

buy.com™ STARTS PRICE WAR WITH AMAZON.COM

Offers All Books at 10 Percent Below Amazon’s Price
  --Over One Million Catalog Titles--

ALISO VIEJO, Calif., — June 25, 2002 — Buy.com, Inc., The Internet
Superstore™, today announced that it will offer all of its book titles
at 10% below Amazon.com’s prices, effective immediately.  The
announcement is a part of Buy.com’s aggressive strategy to win Amazon’s
customers and capture greater market share in online book sales.

doesn't sound like they are related.

mark