[G4] Burning CD's with a new G4

Ron gMedia.DV at verizon.net
Fri Jan 17 16:51:43 PST 2003

on 1/17/03 4:19 PM, diane at diane at mathermotorsports.com wrote:

> A week ago I bought my dual 1G G4 (what is the common nickname for
> this machine?). Last night I was playing around with CD burning.

A DUAL G4? How quaint-so many people call it a DUEL I thought that was it's
name;)

> With a fairly full CD, I get an error copying it to the hard drive.
> It would manage about 440mb out of 460mb. Then I dropped the CD
> itself onto Diskcopy and after about the same amount of time, I get
> this error "Image Volume operation failed with error 999  (internal
> error).
>
> This happened on 2 different CD and it so far seems to happen only
> one ones that are fairly full. The one thing I haven't tried is
> hooking up my older USB CDR drive and try and do a direct copy from
> drive to drive.
>
> Any ideas? What I saw in Apples KB pertains to an older version of Disk Copy.

You didn't say what system you are using or if you are copying data or audio
cd's, but I have had problems copying that I traced to MP3 files and I heard
later that there can be problems copying them because of the long file names
or something. I use OS 9.x-can't help you with X.

> G4 dual 1G
> 256mb
> Superdrive

Get more memory.