Windtunnel / MDD Re: [G4] Burning CD's with a new G4

diane diane at mathermotorsports.com
Sat Jan 18 16:55:19 PST 2003

>hehe...the official Apple nickname is "Mirrored Drive Doors". What's
>funny is Apple had the nerve to come out with a Knowledgebase article
>the other day that said that a properly functioning "MDD" is just about
>as loud as all previous generation Dual G4's! I almost fell off my
>chair laughing!

I can't tell you about loudness as my previous machine was a single
processor. But man does this thing put out some heat! We have the
radiator turned off in this room since we have a number of machines.
But it's 12 degrees F outside and I have the window next to me open.
I've been battling a super-warm upstairs for a week now.

Diane