[G4] Windtunnel / MDD Re: [G4] Burning CD's with a new G4

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Sat Jan 18 20:04:07 PST 2003

Wow! That a lot of heat!

The first gen Dual Proc (Gigabit Ethernet) are no louder than the single
proc models that preceded them. In fact, I don't think that the
cooling/fan layout was any different. Apple sort of rushed them out the
door to placate all the angry people who had ordered the AGP Graphics
model lineup and then had their processor speeds reduced by 50MHz,
before delivery, when Motorola couldn't deliver enough 500 MHz chips.
And they didn't get any kind of a refund either!

You don't even want to know what the temp was here today!

David Crandon