[G4] Inserting a photo in an email

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Sun Jan 19 01:17:56 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/18/03 7:19:03 AM, mjhanson at mjvance.com writes:

<< I also have 2 windoze box, one running XP and the other running Win
98.  XP is part of my network and everytime I turn it on, there are
notices of updates for the system it wants to download now.  I am
paranoid about virus stuff on the windoze so I don't allow it on the
internet at all.   >>

It is my experience that Windows tries to install update files whether you
want them or not. Many of the updates are capable of silently changing your
preference settings and may cause more problems than you want to have to deal
with.

I suggest throwing away the PC boxes or using them for boat anchors,
whichever is easier for you to do, and getting a new Mac and run some sort of
Windows emulator software if you really have to work with PC programs. If the
Windows software gets hosed by some file from the internet, you can simply
re-install the program and keep on with your life. Your Mac won't be affected
by any screwy PC problems that might come in through the internet connection.