[G4] Will a newer graphics card work in an old G4?

Phil A. Lefebvre p-lefebvre at northwestern.edu
Mon Jan 20 08:17:43 PST 2003

On 01/20/03 at 10:49 AM +0100, <csean at poc.it> wrote:
>on 1/20/03 03:28, Power Macintosh G4 List at G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com
>wrote:
>
>The ADC connector should work fine; what the tech may have been referring to
>is the ability to use BOTH the ADC and VGA connectors at the same time to
>drive 2 monitors (you can't do this).

The ADC connector will not be able to support an Apple ADC monitor or
USB, since the AGP Graphics G4 AGP slot lacks the power and USB
connectors. I don't know if it will be able to drive a DVI monitor
from the ADC port using and adapter. My guess is it should, but check
first. Otherwise the other ports should work fine.