Good News on USB to Serial Adapters with OSX

Richard Kriss kriss at gbronline.com
Mon Jan 20 17:21:25 PST 2003

>> When I first started using OSX I found my Serial to USB Adapter was only
>> semi working.  I had an old adapter that was no longer supported and I
>> figured it was a waste of time an effort to mess with it.
>>
>> For grins I tried the old adapter with OSX 10.2.3 and it works perfect. I
>> now realize the bug may have been in the 10.1 OSX OS rather than with the
>> adpater.  The adapter is working perfect now and even the old software for
>> my terminal node controller (TNC) works in the classic mode. It used to
>> crash big time under OSX 10.1xx
>
> Which adapter is it?

It is an  Entrega USB to Mac Serial Adapter

http://reviews.macnn.com/reviews/entrega/usb2serial.shtml

>From the Customer Support Line:

Unfortunately, these products are no longer being manufactured by Intel.
Additionally, Intel no longer provides interactive support for these
products via telephone or e-mail, nor will Intel provide any future software
updates to support new operating systems or improve compatibility with third
party devices and software.